Our mission: To serve as a gathering place for the community and to connect our patrons to Cozad's past, present, and future.
NOTICE……..Winter hours will begin September 2.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-7pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
~~~~~~~~~~~~FALL 2014 EVENTS
• Starting 9/9: Children ages birth-5 and their guardians are invited to join us for a drop in Story Time. No registration is needed! There will be three conveinent opportunities to attend Story Time: Tuesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm, Wednesdays for Toddlers and Moms from 10:30 am - 10:50 am, and Wednesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. This year we are adding an additional Story hour on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. The first session will be September 20th. Children of all ages are invited to attend with an adult. there will be a story and activity planned. Choose your day and spend some quality reading time with your little ones!
• Starting 10/7: The Cyber Seniors Program was made to bridge the gap between generations by helping seniors use a comuter, the Internet, or any sort of technology in general. Its goal is to enable a senior citizen to be ablet o use a computer independently or with minimal assistance. By using a computer efficiently and imdependently simple things like email, "googling," Skype, Facebook, etc. are possible. The Cozad High School Adult Living Class will be teaching their first ever "Cyber Seniors" program at the library. Seniors may sign up at the front desk and attend 30 minute sessions once a week to learn how to use email, Skype, Facebook, etc. The sessions will be on Tuesdays beginning October 7, from 10:15 AM - 10:45 Am. If you attend, you will need to bring your own devices. If you have any other questions, please contact teacher Bonnie Hansen at 784-2744 at the Cozad High School. If these dates/times don't work for you, chat with our staff about WPL's Check-Out a Librarian Program.
• 10/13: Library is closed for cleaning!
• 10/21: We will be hosting a Movie Matinee on October 21, starting at 1:00 PM. We will be showing "Frozen," popcorn will be provided, and there will be a drawing for prizes after the movie! There are free tickets available from October 16-21. Seating is limited, so don't forget to come in and get a ticket! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• 10/21: We will be hosting a Movie Night on October 21, starting at 7:00 PM. We will be showing "Million Dollar Arm" and popcorn will be provided. There are free tickets available from October 16-21. Seating is limited, so don't forget to come in and get a ticket! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Week of 11/11: We will be showing our PowerPoint Presentation on the veterans of our area. Photos and facts about the men and women of the area who proudly served are part of this celebration. If you are a veteran or have a family member who served and would like to be included, please drop off a photo to be scanned and a short paragraph about military service. Photos will be scanned and returned. Please turn in by November 1st to be included in this year's program. If you have given us this information before, we still have it! More information about our Veteran's Program will be in November's newsletter.