Our mission: To serve the citizens of Cozad and the surrounding area by being an active and progressive institution which provides materials in a variety of formats that reflect the particular needs, interests, and lifestyles of its users.
NOTICE……..Summer hours will begin June 1. We just close an hour earlier on Mondays-Thursdays (6:00pm instead of 7:00pm). Otherwise, our Friday & Saturday hours remain the same.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Wilson Public Library Events
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-6pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
Click on our current newsletter for all important happenings this month or to find out more about our events listed below! It's on the left hand side: the blue button that says Current Newsletter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~SUMMER 2014 EVENTS
• 7/28 - 8/7: The Library Friends & Foundation's 4th Annual Book Sale is going on at the Library! All sorts of books ranging from children's to adult's will be available for a free-will donation. The proceeds will go to the Cozad Library Foundation which assists with programming and other library improvements.
• 8/4: Kim Hartman will be holding an organizational meeting at 2:00 pm here at the Library for the Wilson Public Library Book Club she will be starting up in September. The book club will be meeting the second Monday of the month from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. All patrons are invited to attend and discuss the book of the month. Bring ideas of books that you might be interested in reading and discussing and Kim will organize the selections by month and have a list available at the front desk for all patrons to see and begin reading.
• 8/12: Join us for a Movie Morning at 10:30 am to see "The Princess and the Frog." Parents, remember that children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
• 8/13: The Urban Prairie Puppet Company will be performing the puppet play "Frog Prince" at 2:00 pm in the Library Conference Room. All patrons are invited to this event, and there is no cost to attend.
• 9/1: The Library is closed for Labor Day!
• 9/5: Cozad native Holly Mthethwa will be coming back to her hometown as a published writer. Her writings deal with moments that move a person's heart and her life-long love of Christ. Her book, Hot Chocolate in June, is her true-life story of her experiences after the sudden death of her father. Not only is it a thrilling and humorous story of her experiences, but also a love story of when she met her future husband. It is a heart warming tale that has become a very popular read here at Wilson Public Library. Stay tuned for the time and more details of this exciting event!
• 9/6: The Library is closed for Hay Days!
• Starting 9/9: Children ages 3-5 and their guardians are invited to join us for Story Time beginning September 9th. No registration is needed, just come anytime that is convenient for you and your child. There will be three convenient opportunities to attend Story Time: Tuesdays from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm for Preschoolers and Moms, Wednesdays from 10:30 am - 10:50 am for Toddlers and Moms, and Wednesdays from 11:00 am - 11:30 am for a different time for Preschoolers and Moms. Choose whatever time is most convenient for you and spend some quality time with your little ones! Not only will you both enjoy a wonderful story, but you will also have a fun activity planned just for you and your child.
• 9/15: Wilson Public Library's 2nd year of celebrating Dot Day will include activities that run the whole day. From 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, there will be a program for Preschoolers and a parent. Dot Day activities continue for Grades K-6th from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. From 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, there will be a tile painting craft class. We are currently working with the members of Destination Imagination to hold a duck tape costume-making workshop. Make sure to help us celebrate International Dot Day by participating in our Instagram Challenge that will be going on all month! Keep checking back here and on our Facebook account for more information as the date gets closer!
• 9/16: Please take the time to support the Wilson Public Library by attending the annual Runza Day at the Cozad's Runza. A percentage of the proceeds from the sale of food items that day will help us pay for new children's books.
We're On FaceBook!
Online Catalog & Downloadable Books
Online Wilson Public Library Catalog Follow this link:
As of November 30, 2011, patrons who have a library card from Wilson Public Library can check out eBooks by accessing Overdrive. Audiobooks, eBooks and more for your computer, cell phone, iPod, Ipad, eBook reader, Nook, and Kindle. Check the Overdrive Device Resource Center for more compatibility information. Checking out audio books or eBooks using Overdrive is a free service of the Wilson Public Library.