Our mission: To serve the citizens of Cozad and the surrounding area by being an active and progressive institution which provides materials in a variety of formats that reflect the particular needs, interests, and lifestyles of its users.
NOTICE……..Winter hours will begin September 2. A reminder that WPL will be closed September 1 for Labor Day.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-6pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
~~~~~~~~~~~~SUMMER 2014 EVENTS
• 9/1: The Library is closed for Labor Day!
• 9/5: Cozad native Holly Mthethwa will be coming back to her hometown as a published writer. Her writings deal with moments that move a person's heart and her life-long love of Christ. Her book, Hot Chocolate in June, is her true-life story of her experiences after the sudden death of her father. Not only is it a thrilling and humorous story of her experiences, but also a love story of when she met her future husband. It is a heart warming tale that has become a very popular read here at Wilson Public Library. Stay tuned for the time and more details of this exciting event!
• 9/6: The Library is closed for Hay Days!
• Starting 9/9: Children ages 3-5 and their guardians are invited to join us for Story Time beginning September 9th. No registration is needed, just come anytime that is convenient for you and your child. There will be three convenient opportunities to attend Story Time: Tuesdays from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm for Preschoolers and Moms, Wednesdays from 10:30 am - 10:50 am for Toddlers and Moms, and Wednesdays from 11:00 am - 11:30 am for a different time for Preschoolers and Moms. Choose whatever time is most convenient for you and spend some quality time with your little ones! Not only will you both enjoy a wonderful story, but you will also have a fun activity planned just for you and your child.
• 9/15: Wilson Public Library's 2nd year of celebrating Dot Day will include activities that run the whole day. From 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, there will be a program for Preschoolers and a parent. Dot Day activities continue for Grades K-6th from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. From 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, there will be a tile painting craft class. We are currently working with the members of Destination Imagination to hold a duck tape costume-making workshop. Make sure to help us celebrate International Dot Day by participating in our Instagram Challenge that will be going on all month! Keep checking back here and on our Facebook account for more information as the date gets closer!
• 9/16: Please take the time to support the Wilson Public Library by attending the annual Runza Day at the Cozad's Runza. A percentage of the proceeds from the sale of food items that day will help us pay for new children's books.